Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Ottobre 3/08 top and pants

IMG_1011 by WeeBeaks
IMG_1011, a photo by WeeBeaks on Flickr.

I've been sewing but not blogging. Of the two, I would rather sew. However, since I love reading blogs, I share what I make too.

I'm trying a new thing. I always feel I'm underutilizing my Ottobre magazines. I have all the kids issues from 2003 to present in English and some of the older issues in other languages. There are just so many wonderful patterns and so little time though that I jump around here and there, whatever catches my eye. To change it up, I picked an issue (3/08) and am sewing and sewing (and sewing) from that one issue. It is time efficient in that I'm not pulling things out and putting back. Most of all I feel I'm really utilizing an issue.

Both the top and ruffle shorts are from 3/08, both for Eden. Someone gave me the cotton woven (it is actually a nice teal, not as dark as the photo) long ago. I'm glad to use it. Just this week someone mailed me a surprise package of trims, and the purple bias is from that (thanks Crys if you are reading!). The knit for the shirt I actually purchased, but this was the last little remnant of it, barely enough for a little toddler shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment